PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it with Americans?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 12:36
oncemorealoft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the other hand...

One of the best flights I ever took was with TWA from LGW to STL. Myself and a colleague were in their first/business class cabin. The aircraft, a 767, somehow managed to look older than its actual age.

The cabin crew in the front cabin were all old enough to be my granny. I could not help overhearing one (by no means the oldest) discussing with her colleague an operation she was about to undergo for some sort of 'women's problem'. Not an inspiring start.

However, one particular lady, who I'd guess was well into her sixties, seemed to have the attitude "your on my flight and I'm going to do my damndest to ensure you enjoy it!" She really looked after us and was great fun.

Speaking to her, she was indeed a Granny and with the level of seniority she had, could choose to fly a couple of times a month on flights of her choosing.

I've always had a soft spot for the people of TWA - this wasn't the only example I had of sustained great customer service from their staff. The aircraft may have been old and shabby but the people were a bright light.