PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it with Americans?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2005, 08:51
Vampy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it with Americans?

Now this might be a slightly controversial post and for that I apologise, however its something I have been wondering and noticing for a long time.

I have only flown on American carriers twice (Northwest & American). Both times however, the crews were almost exclusively grumpy old women. Seemed to have forgotten how to smile and say hello, virtually threw meals and drinks at you etc etc. The only time my dad (who flew regularly before he retired) has ever written to an airline to complain about a service was when he flew from Atlanta to Manchester on Delta. Speaking to colleagues at work they seem to have had similar experiences.

One reason we were thinking is maybe to get long haul with the American carriers, it works on a seniority system? Ergo the oldest, longest serving staff (who are most likely the most bored of the job, pissed off with conditions etc etc) are the one's thrown on the long haul fleets. Again I apologise if this particular thread offends. I realise it's a sweeping generalisation and there will be plenty of cheery, happy, friendly American long haulers out there. However they seem to be in the minority. Thanks in advance