PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Scotland Flown Relief Flight to Phuket ?
Old 7th Jan 2005, 17:03
Eff Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pmcg
What is your point exactly? I'm sure they were paid, and no doubt handsomely too. But the fact of the matter is the aircraft WAS on a relief flight, the delay was not caused by a tech aircraft. The delay was caused by spending 4-5hrs in HKT loading people off of ambulances etc. Many of whom will never walk again, very few had recieved first aid at all. Many had broken limbs, families who had lost their children and children who had lost their parents and were travelling alone! So yeah, "mate" the letter was 100% FACT, I know what it says I read it. I'm sorry that the flight was delayed a few hours, but there was something a bit more important going on on the other side of the world. All pax were given refreshments, and a free drink on board, some were given a hotel room too.
I am shaking with rage writing this. Your comments are sickening. All of the crew on those flights, and everyone connected with the airline will never forget what they saw and had to deal with over those 2 days. I know some of our crew read this site, indeed some were on the flight, and I can only imagine the feelings they will have reading this!

Last edited by Hawk; 7th Jan 2005 at 21:14.