PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ006 Revisited
Thread: SQ006 Revisited
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2001, 18:49
Insider107

Farside

Thank you for your post. Yes I agree that there is a slight sniff of change in the air in Singapore, attributable, I think, to the characteristically mercurial intelligence at the very pinnacle of the republic’s power structure. Transmitting an entirely correctly formulated revised philosophy downwards, however, to more pedestrian intelligences or to those who’s noses are firmly in the trough, of course, will prove problematical. Notwithstanding, as SQ is merely a microsm of the republic, I do believe that our newly acquired, similarly mercurial higher management will be able to make headway but only after the full removal of the present tired, discredited but extended subordinate incumbent plus team and the blocking of a conceited arrogance that masquerades as an heir apparent. Meanwhile, extreme caution is the watchword.

Aerovision

Thank you also for your post. No I do not have access to the transcript – my original post was based on my analysis of the published facts (I am merely one of scores who have made a similar analysis and come to the same conclusion), information gleaned from this website, yes, my own experience of past events but, most importantly, information passed on by my FO colleagues, who all seem to be well and truly in the loop and able to cogently fill in the 27 minute CVR gap, the contents of which we await with bated breath. These self same FO’s seem to me, to a man, to be of the highest caliber, superbly educated, disciplined and at the start of their careers (before becoming fire-blackened and cynical), keen and well motivated. Why then does SQ squander this “human capital” with their disgustingly poor treatment of this group, when, according to the highest in the land, they should be nurturing it as part of the future asset base of the nation? Perhaps the new higher management may like to consider harnessing some of this talent hiding under his nose – a move that will prove potently catalytic in an organisation increasingly and urgently requiring fresh thinking.

Sunny

Thank you for yours. Yes the PVI allegedly was on but I didn’t want to discuss it as the subject corresponds with some potentially pivotal CVR dialogue.

Gladiator

Thanks for your support. Good luck.