PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ006 Revisited
Thread: SQ006 Revisited
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2001, 13:46
Farside

We will have the possibillity to talk to the SQ 6 crew tommorrow when the union is organising a dinner with the members and the crew. ( members themselves) It could be a very interesting evening with a lot of good information and fact finding. It also could be a polite waste of time where the crew is instucted not to disclose any details as long as the investigation is running. I for one believe the last will be the case but I hope that we can learn a few things to stop the flow of rumours. It will take an awfull lot of energy and bravoury to change some attitudes here with management, but given the time it could be done. There are some conflicting stories out here on the actual configuration during take-off and if the PVD was selected on or not. Also what was on and what wasn't on the Flight Recorder is guess work with the line pilots. One thing is for sure: If the PVD is selected on ( Both PVD on on EICAS ) and you are not within 40 degrees of the RWY hdg and within one dot of ILS localisor of the active rwy ( 05L) the PVD indicator on the glareshield will be off, not turning, and not lighted. In other words no indication. This in itself could have been a trigger for the crew , but again we are just guessing. (hope I spelled that correct)