PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2005, 15:36
The Desert Ferret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surface Access to LBA

Happy New Year Folks,

I'm fascinated by the surface access to LBA debate.

Observers are absolutely correct that surface access to LBA is poor compared with other airports.

Observers also appear (and I suspect they are correct) that it is the IT and leisure market that is underperfomring at LBA.
The business market appears to be performing well.

Now, the surface access issue tends to impact most on business travellers, not IT travellers.

My rationale is that road access is only an issue during peak times - that is 0700-0900 and 1630-1800. Assuming one hour check in this means 0800-1000 and 1730-1900. Most IT and leisure flights operate outside of these windows. Wherefore then is the argument that surface access is the cause of IT and leisure under-performance?

I suspect the gentleman/lady who talked about £s is probably closer to the real issue. I defer to those better in the know on that area.

Cheers all.

DF

PS: Those speed cameras between Rawdon and Horsforth are a surprise - I've driven up there heaps of times and it never occured to me that folk ever abused it speed-wise nor was it a traffic black-spot.

Hey ho!

Oops!

Before anybody shoots me down of course I got the time windows wrong by two hours (I moved in the wrong direction). Sorry folks - as a penance I will shove my head in a bucket of halibut whilst singing "God Save the Queen."

However, I hope my argument is still valid and will be interested to read responses.

Getting inside the heads of punters when they make their decisions is at the heart of business success.

DF