PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shifting Sands of EK Terms & Conditions
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2004, 17:05
crapflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

I can confirm to all of you reading pprune the two rumours about the training staff on airbus being told to move to the 310 or give it up and the moving villas deal. On the first note I saw the letter, shown to me by my neighbour who is a tci signed and all by the big heads, and on the second note it does affect one of my friends down the road....
What is amazing, is that all this is done during a time of expansion when Emirates has not lost real money yet, imagine what is coming our way should or actualy when we get in to great trouble. Emirates has decided to recruit its future pilotbody from the South-East pilot pool, as this guys from Malaysian Srilanka etc will be eager to come so no problem filling bums in seats. EK got lucky yet again with this horrible Tsunami catastrophy as those regions have been hard hit and enough pilots from Indonisia and Malaysia will be willing to come by the droves. For them even with the new T&Cs they will be happy.
It is unfortunate that our FOs will not be able to get their chance in the left seat as early as they expected, and definetely now with lower income it is not worth staying or coming from Europe. The amazing thing is that Emirates is also treating with outer disrespect its Captains and TCIs and TCEs but they do not seem to mind as cost cutting is more important than happy employees.
Surely new things to come will be a cut in the utilities allowance even though it is in the contract, (what are you going to do leave, or take them to court, and even for those that do leave it is still a cost cutting option worth doing because the long term effects greatly outway the short term loss of the training bond. The 36000 US is not a real figure it probably is closer to 15000 and even with this, if 15 percent of the FOs leave {figure taken from the pilot body details in the CBC all European FOs} you are talking about 75 FOs at 15000 US not a big number compared to 2000 Dirhams a month at 1250 pilots soon to be 2500. You can see that even at our current levels. The training bond cost is around 1.2 million US the savings in utility allowance is 6500 US a year for each pilot so you are talking about 8.1 million US. It is not that difficult to see which is more cost beneficial...
Good Luck to us all, the only way you will see any future progress in our T&Cs is if all unite as one pilot body since numbers now days do count as you can see by this small cost cutting exercise just discussed.
Emirates is not what it used to be, but more importantly Emirates in the long term is not worth coming even for a DEC like me. I on the other hand have only two more months to go so hopefully you guys will find the strength to unite and be counted. Call in sick as much as you can and keep your chin up. I do not have the energy to stick around and fly the back side of the clock nor the desire to waste my few more years left to live on this planet to worry about what else is coming our way..

Last edited by crapflying; 31st Dec 2004 at 17:18.