PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar routes & 717 to Qantas Link
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2004, 03:08
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Red Hot Chili Pepper,

Still dont know where you pulled the "Oceania, or Australia - Pacific" thing from, other than the soccor hightlights on SBS.

Hong Kong and Singapore are part of our region, it takes people just about as long to go PER-SIN as PER-BNE, or OZ-HKG, PER-CNS.

None of the operators you mentioned are A320 operators, however I understand that freedom are training A320 crews up at the moment. Only reason people set up airlines in NZ is the NZ dollar is less than OZ dollar.

Shake a tree of ATPL holders, every man and his dog has flown 737's, training is cheap, and pay less than AUD$3/month for captains before tax is bieng paid in the region (I shoud clarify our ecomonic region APEC).

I will make something very clear once for you, Airbus provides free endorsements (known as training credits) when you purchase aircraft, its their way of making sure you dont crash and and give the type a bad name, keeps initial, lease, and reasle prices for A320s high as they are perceived as being safe.

So you must ask yourself, if they have training credits, why do they charge pilots for the endorsement ?

Zapatas Blood mentioned Jetblue, as far as I know they dont ask their pilots to pay for endorsements, as they mentioned the US tax system does not rape you as much as in Australia either.

May I suggest you engage the brain, and auto thinking, and ask yourself why a 15 yr old in coles takes home more per hour than a jetstar f/o does.

Gnadenburg,

A SQ/Silk A320 captain takes home about three times plus of an Impulse Captain. Tiger the SQ low cost take home over double an Impulse captains wage, and those who are working for Tiger and contracted through PARC are on even better money still.