PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SeaKing Love em or Hate em?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2004, 08:04
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beags,

That is so unlike you. I do declare I detect a bite, if not a full blown nibble!

I am surprised that you infer that the Junglies lack of rules (thereby placing trust/Mission Command with the aircraft commander) may be equated to a 'Gung Ho' attitude, when there does not appear to be the statistical evidence to support your jist of post.

Sadly I must be with Front Seater on this one and view the RN Sea King operators as an experienced bunch who do not require the same level of rules and regulations because primarily it will significantly reduce Operational Capability (e.g. I don't think the Al Fawah peninsular was recce'd for wires prior to the assault etc) and secondly it appears that the Junglies benefit from either alot of operational experience or realistically train for their tactical role.

You are obviously a rules and regulations man Beags. I believe that what the Junglie fleet have is experienced crews to interpret the rules and regulations and place into context. Without tempting fate, have a look at the stats on incidents/accidents to inform your argument and see if they equate to 'Gung Ho' attitudes (by any rotary fleet, let alone Battlefield Helicopters).

Supervision and authorisation throughout the chain of command still holds good.