PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those damned pedantic idiot captains
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2004, 14:13
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just have some patience....

I used to fly with a Line Training Captain who was a really huge jerk. He would set up situations just to nail me for doing/not doing something or other. I finally suggested to him, very politely, that he might get a better, more positive response to his professional input if he did not ascribe everything that went wrong solely to one of the two crew members.

He launched into a typical tirade about how I should not seek to excuse my many mistakes by blaming him... and so on and so forth.

I sat back to have a think... should I bother to educate this jerk or else just let him cut his own throat? About six months later I moved into his seat! I guess that settled that argument!

If you really, really believe that you are in the right then you should be able to cope with whatever some clown throws at you.

A lot of the time I was making mistakes, which I certainly heard all about and learned from. The rest of it, at least I had to think things through to decide what was really going on there....

One often has to confront 'das innere Schweinhund' (the bastard within) and decided how much of him is really you. It's often too easy to project it all on the man across the cockpit.