PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those damned pedantic idiot captains
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2004, 13:55
Alaskan Timber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course there are pedantic F/O's aswell, which in connection with a weak capt. can be very dangerous. But an interesting question would be. 'Can we change these CLOWNS. These guys are one of the main reasons for the CRM courses of today (please no discussion about the definition of it in this thread), but learn NOTHING from it. CRM is of course also very usefull for the, lets say, normal crews.

Even the 'one man show' captain, with few years to go before his pension is normally very pleasant and safe to work with (although he is not giving the perfect example).

No I mean the kind of captain who comes in 15 minutes late, starts to smoke in my face, does nothing of the paperwork and then THROWS it like trash on the table saying that the alternate is wrong (which is not true). When you disagree with him, at a certain moment you have to back off because otherwise it eskalates. Or after his usual 'ballooning smack on the deck', during my approach he is continuously touching and moving the thrustleavers saying there is windshear (which is complete bull), then during the flare again
interfering. With the remark after landing, of course during rollout, I otherwise would have flown it into the ground. I know this guy is a zero, so I won't sleep any less. But If you tell this in the office, they say they know it. Result of course 'nada'.

People like this should be sacked on the spot.

Last edited by Alaskan Timber; 13th Jan 2005 at 11:11.