PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PARCpilots quit Japan Air Lines Express
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2004, 02:18
Havens can wait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Kaptin M,

Thank you for your helpful feedbacks to all who wish to join this madhouse, JEX. I must say that you were right on the button, almost every time except when it comes to the salary.

The three most qualified MD80 captains who have been flying in Japan with Harlequin for 8 years, are now being offered a $8000 salary plus a shoebox apartment, not only that , but those three captains, who were the only guys who survived the Japanese culture shock and the kabouki, out of 16 gaijin captains that initially joined Harlequin.

Now those three wonderful Captains were told that they will be getting 80% of their salary during training period of 6 to 8 weeks!! Hit me please.

And when they asked what training period, the answer was , well you are joining another company, so you need retraining , on an aircraft they have been flying for 8 years in this country!! Hit me again will you!

And to add insult to injury 90% of their co-pilots who gave them heart attacks every time they let them fly, now have been upgraded to captains, and guess what, those newly upgraded captains with 50 hrs PIC on the MD80, YES FIFTY HOURS, will receive their full salary during the training period, plus a 40% more salary than their former gaijin captains

Now, if you want to come here and work for JEX, you're welcome, just make sure you bring with you a good supply of an excellent quality Vaseline, and prepare to bend, not backward.

Long live Kaptain M.