PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - living in dubai
Thread: living in dubai
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2004, 05:10
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there you go Goody,

Not sure about pilots but there are clearly an awful lot of lawyers here - very negative, cynical and argumentative people, always ready to pick an argument, far too much to say for themselves, and sooo precious about their opinions..
... without contributing a single useful answer

Oh and far too ready to knock all those professions without which they simply wouldn't be here. I must remember to mention it next time I'm talking to EK, whom we help to do an awful lot of business.

DXB currently handles 900k tons cargo a year. By 2018 it will reach 5m tons! And EK is not the only airline here guys. New ones starting up all the time. Puts food on the table for a lot of people.

If it helps,
Only been here a short while but from what I've seen in the papers / seen for myself / been told:

Cars about half the price of UK but servicing can be pricey. Petrol cost next to nothing.

Housing costs going up all the time and no sign of peaking.

Yes, the traffic can be bad and the standard of driving here is dreadful - never seen so many accidents!

Lots of nightlife which is good if you're single

Lots of hookers on the streets, especially in certain parts of town. Not too nice but you just have to get used to it, so to speak.

Can't comment on schools, family life etc I'm afraid.

Hope that helps a bit

Edit: Best thing about Dubai this morning? - It's raining! Luvvveeelllyyy

CS

Last edited by cargosales; 21st Dec 2004 at 07:08.