PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manch. transfer to Scottish
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 10:54
Mahaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
choices

Maybe to add a llitle bit more information to this thread or even to open a few eyes; Originally Manch were told they were going south. Then not...eventually. At our meeting with our illustrious new leader we were informed that Manch was going north, no arguments...ok
We were also however told that as he was aware of the multitude of problems this caused staff he would endeavour in any ways possible to lessen the impact of the closure. This being to help staff if they wanted to re-locate or even leave the company." To give them as much assistance in making their choices and offering as much help and assistance with the result of those decisions" Bloody nice chap.
To throw a spanner into the works then..
Firstly, our decision is to relocate to a southern centre...sorry chaps-either move north or leave the company.
Secondly(and the most ridiculous), EGCC will in the next few months issue a VN for VCR/APPROACH ATCO's. I believe it may be for 5 of them. I know of an ATCO on a certain pink watch at MACC who until recently was valid on VCR/APP and AREA. An OJTI on all three and I think an LCE also. Because of the new hours required in each of the positions, she/he signed over the competency for TWR/APP. She/he has applied in writing to return to the undermanned TWR/APP side of MACC. No response. I believe the new VN will state that AREA ATCOs are ineligible to apply. Probably the old chestnut of 'can't be released'. So an ATCO with an established family and lots of current experience who has trained most of the young TWR/APP ATCO's on pink watch will be leaving us to join a non NATS unit ( I believe a promising approach(!) has been made to one already) in order to keep family together (who can't move out of the country).
Is this helping staff and assisting them in their choices? Is this not absolutely non-sensical?

It is this very 'non-helpful, non-flexible' attitude that is exasperating us. Unbelievable.
Apologies to she/he for speaking out of turn but we used to all watch out for each other here. Sorry to be losing you.