PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and bigbrother
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2004, 16:51
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your analysis of the cross straits situation is correct except that you fail to acknowledge that Taiwan actually does belong to China (as does Tibet).
What part of my analysis did you not read ? You are suffering from the delusion of the PRC's propaganda. Taiwan belongs to mainland China as much as the United States belongs to England. Just because a country once ruled over an area doesn't give it the right to claim rule over that area in perpetuity.

They can then return the National treasures stolen by that arch bandit Chiang Kai Shek and rest their conscience.
While I am no fan of Cash My Check, I completely disagree with this statement. Again you have fallen victim to the PRC propaganda machine. The Nationalists, the then ruling power of the mainland, crated up all of the artifacts and treasures from the Forbidden City and other places and kept them away from the Japanese for the duration of World War II. They then took them to Taiwan in 48/49. Had they not done so they would have been destroyed during the cultural revolution in the PRC during the 1970s. The mainland lost all claim to any historical artifacts or treasures as a result of their actions during the cultural revolution. The treasures are now shown at the National Palace Museum in Taipei.

Typhoonpilot

P.S. Your use of pinyin gives away your educational background steeped in PRC propaganda