PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia Runs Off RWY Yet Again
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2004, 13:14
Iso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoke & mirrors

RMAF:- Personal experience, I flew with many of them, and of them, very few I would rate as acceptable, however there were some that were extremely talented. On that basis, it's not fair to rate them all in the same basket, but the fact is, and those of us that have flown with them, know they are different. Very different. Their record speaks for themselves, with crashes and ejections beyond a typically normal airforce, NOT at war.

It's this the quality selection, training and standards you are refering too? Which side of the bell curve were they were selecting from? Have these problems been translated to Air Asia? If they have, what impact are they having? How do you identify it, if it is a problem?

Someone alluded to the airforce issues at AirAsia. Perhaps this is ONE of the elements OF the problem. They are trained differently, CRM is interpreted differently (from a one one man cockpit point of view - it's hard to disagree with yourself!). Was this a factor? A Cultural issue - not race or religion, but organisational?

There are both defenders and detractors of those that dedicated to the protection of Malaysia.The fact is they are different. It something they should consider.

Now to the other issues. top dressing, more correctly, is not considered a subsiduary of the national airline, as funny as that may seem to you, but I thank you for the accallode, I am sure some of you would have struggled with the general handling skills required more some.

Protectionism from standards (biased), protection from substandard knowledge levels (biased - ATPL scam), protection from accountability and transparency, a malaysian truth (oxymoron) in action.

Simple guys, cover-up, hide, condemn, but never admit that you might be part of the problem. Did I take anything away from Malaysia, yeah sure, some excellent memories and a profound understanding that you can turn lying into a national sport. I left with what I came with, so don't hang that crap on me that I took off with your valuable ratings. That's a crook of, but your chosen ones have, and are doing well. I get to see some of them regularly. Nice to see that you haven't made comment about them, but I am sure you would because they got out of the hot kitchen as well.

Again to my good Malaysian friends, - happy flying.

WLM - Viva la Malaysia. Roti and Teh tarik again soon. Boleh?