PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots reporting speed control
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2001, 04:31
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vectors, how many times do I have to say it?

Pilots make mistakes. We try not to. We can't guarantee that we won't make mistakes in the future.

Would you care to go back over the thread and count the number of times I've said that? Or the number of times I've said that we are supposed to be on the same team?

You're the first ATCO I've noticed on this thread admitting that ATC are capable of making mistakes.

Otherwise all I've seen is ATCOs accusing pilots of, effectively, being lazy, unco-operative, unprofessional, whatever you want to call it, and deliberately ignoring ATC "requests".

Yes, I'm a pilot. No, gul dukat, that does not make me one of the "master race", as I believe you put it. It does, however, make me the person responsible for the safe conclusion of the flight. If you make a mistake, I may die. If I make a mistake, I may die. And since my life, not yours, is on the line, I will not carry out ATC instructions without thinking about them. The occasions on which I will not follow ATC instructions will be very few indeed, and if I choose not to follow them by deliberate policy on my part, I will tell you so, and I will tell you the reasons why not.

And when I make mistakes, I will apologise for them, and try to file them away for later reference under the heading "Don't Do This Again".

You want more? Tough.