PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots reporting speed control
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2001, 04:04
WonkyVectors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

"Forgive me huggy, for i fail to understand"
the complete and utter vehemence in your initial,and susequent, postings.

The initial post, as i understand, was a reminder/request to pilots that there are times when atc instructions have not been complied with and maybe a little more care/concentration etc is, on occaisions, needed.
The fact that you, as a proffesional pilot, got your @rse in your hand and threw all your toys out of the cot scares me immensly. The reply i expected from pilots was along the lines of Le Loup Garou (my hat off to you Sir) ie- We as pilots understand that mistakes are being made and will endevour to correct them in future.

A pilot that throws a wobbly when errors are pointed to him is a danger to all who fly.
Having recently seen the report of the investigation of an incident i was involved in, i have sat down and accepted the conclusions and improved many aspects of my work so that similar errors do not happen again - The next life that i DON'T end may well be yours Huggy!

The concept of teamwork has been mentioned by others already and surely one of the most important factors in both our jobs is the
Knoweledge of-
Acceptance of-
Understanding of-
EVERYONES errors, and ALL of us endeavouring to eliminate these errors, albeit within the restraints of human abilities.

Now, Huggy, do i get an acceptance of these facts or are you going to kick your tonka toys again?!!

Why is it that a Controller can handle multiple aircraft, but Pilots need TWO of them to handle ONE!!!!!!!!