PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots reporting speed control
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2001, 02:10
Spuds McKenzie

The Original Party Animal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, Mr.Monster, here you go:

I could quote your whole initial post, to show the utter arrogance in it, but I can't be bothered. Maybe you read it again yourself.
Anyway, you claim that our main focus is to communicate with pilots. Wrong! This is just the end result of a process, which involves analysing a problem or situation, finding a solution, coordinating with other sectors via intercom or telephone, modifying a flight plan, writing on strips, scanning the radar screen, shaking alternative solutions out of our sleeve, if for some reason a pilot is unable to comply with a clearance (which is fair enough, BTW), either due wx, acft performance or whatever, and then finally, we issue the clearance.
And we do this constantly, often under severe pressure (I don't mean to boast!). Therefore it is of highest importance, that instructions are being followed, not for the sake of it, and not because we think pilots should be treated like children (total bollocks!), but for the sake of safety and expeditiousness. Just remember, ATCOs have the big picture, not because they're wonderful, but because they have the overall view of what else is happening around you.

Asda's initial post was a fair request open for discussion on a reasonable level with a professional attitude. What did he get as a response? As I said, read your initial post again! A decent request deserves a decent response!

And finally, I'm fully aware that my previous posts on this thread where anything but constructive, but you see, if someone's too arrogant, I tend to take the Mickey out of them.

[ 15 November 2001: Message edited by: Spuds McKenzie ]