PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots reporting speed control
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2001, 01:46
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j17, your last post is a masterpiece of irrelevant idiocies.
Where was the word "ordered" mentioned in my post,
It wasn't - nor did I use it. You do, though, use "told to" and "requested to" as if they were synonyms.

As for the rest of it, you seem so confident that you know everything that is going on in the sky. I didn't say, nor would I say, that I decide which ATC requests are "relevant" or not. Nor have I ever, nor would I ever query the phrase "AVOIDING ACTION". You don't have the faintest idea about anything going on unless it is squawking or actually transmitted. And that, as people with slightly more imagination and common sense than you (which is, let's face it, not very difficult), will realise is rather a lot.

PS Okay, perhaps decompression was a bad example. How about "right twenty for weather avoidance" instead? You are probably one of the (thankfully) few who immediately assume that this is just a pilot trying to get a sneakily direct routing. You can't see the weather on your radar. We can. So if I'm about to go through the middle of a CB if I follow your instructions, I will ignore your "requests".

[ 15 November 2001: Message edited by: HugMonster ]