PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue returns to old ways
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2004, 20:55
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just did a search of all three websites, for flights in middle of feb.

Guess who was cheapest and most convenient travelling friday and returning on monday?

You guessed it, the BIG RAT!!

While cheaper flights were available on the other two, the times were most inconvenient, no chance of making a decent weekend.

So I am still not convinced, why do I want to fly with alleged "Low Cost Carriers"? Surely not just for the "eye candy"? Cause there's plenty of that when I get to my destination, why would I ever want to be squeezed into a tin can with 150 thong wearing ferrals?

It is a total farce, we all know that in order to improve the bottom, line yields must be high. So they offer a few cheap seats throughout the day, then charge an exorbitant premium for travelling in the peak!!

If the ACCC really want to do something, instead of worrying about whether fares are advertised with taxes or not, they should do a total audit of all fares and see who the real LCC is! If you excluded business class and compared like with like, I reckon that over a 12 month period, not including the grandstanding $19 and $49 fares, it would be Qantas.

Cheers, HH.

Disclaimer: I am not employed by any of the big 3 airlines, nor have any association with said airlines other than as a fare paying passenger. (aka: punter)