PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia Runs Off RWY Yet Again
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2004, 18:00
I love to Cum Kuat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is turning into one isnt it. We all may have missed each others points here.

Well, in short, I agree that there is a lot to desired for with regards to local politics, business, companies and departments..etc. Not denying that at all.

Biases occur in every society, including yours, but your myopic view based on your short and frustrated experience in Malaysia seems to overwhelm your observations for others, including your own.

You too have no idea of our quals. How would you know if or if not we would last in some first world ops, when your complete protectionism restricts us even to apply.

I have had some wonderful learning experiences from the ex-89ers whilst in MAL. While most were grateful that they were earning a living, with some getting commands and later moving to bigger and better airlines or even Virgin Blue, there were also some very bitter people. I am not sure whether they were bitter with their country, PM, Abeles or lawyers for kicking them out of their country, causing all sorts of problems for their family and career. I dont know much about it, so I better shut up.

My point here really is: The way of doing business is just different there in Malaysia in particular, "Asia" in general. One would have to adjust to the local way, or adapt. Problems arises when one wants to apply one's knowledge and efficiencies through this forum for the progressive sake of Malaysian society, it just will not happen.
It is akin to me whinging about the Americans driving on the "right" side of the road, when they should be driving on the "wrong" side of it?? It is how it is.
If you read my thread carefully, you would see that I do actually agree with your points regarding the inefficient, protectionism and blah blah ways of the locals and also that is one of the reasons why I left.

What I am trying to get at is, there is a far bigger picture in the minds of the locals than you..expats or local pilots. Without prejudice and as crude as it may sound, the reality is if you dont like the heat, stop complaining the kitchens too hot. Get out, take a cold shower.