PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia Runs Off RWY Yet Again
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2004, 01:09
WLM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it seems that most of the locals have missed the point in this thread.
The original constructive criticism was based on the lack of local skills, and aimed at ex RMAF captains. I added my opinion views as I have personally experienced the lack of willingness in this country for locals to learn or upskill.
Just because you passed your initial licence, does not mean you're a God for ever So why not drop the attitude so we can all get along and prosper in this very difficult profession.
As far as coming to Malaysia as expats to build our hours, well it may apply to some but not many as generally we have a lot more more experience than the locals. We are here because we love your country, and as ISO pointed out, some locals are very happy to have PR in our countries and respect within our Aviation industry.
As far as locals having endured colonial rules in the past, well most countries did including now developped countries. It does not mean they show a blatant arrogant attitude to bettering their knowledge.
May be I was a little too direct in my previous postings, but it is only frustration stages that will get an individual to sometime react adversely. So please, let's drop the personal jerk knee reactions and get along to improve the local standards.