PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 22 Crews, 2 Sqns At Kinloss!!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2004, 01:02
Jackonicko

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks! Much appreciated.

I bow to your superior knowledge as to Foxache's aircrew status, though I did qualify it by doubting that he was 'proper' aircrew .... (two wings, not one!)

In 36 years my Dad served with a host of units, but 206 was always the one Squadron he seemed most proud of. What a slap in the face to him and his squadron mates - made worse by the fact that the old mob has gone despite its seniority. Still, at least he can take comfort in the fact that 120, with its greater and more distinguished wartime achievements, has been saved. Perhaps Difar would like to tell him, or maybe Foxache would like to explain how justice has been done.

I guess that now is the time for 206 to take my old man for a final flight. The old bug.ger is still as fit as a flea, and has just celebrated (with two of the five survivors of his wartime crew) the 60th anniversary of 'squeaking home' as far as Sumburgh after being shot up by three Bf 110s, with one gunner badly wounded and another dead. Lucky he wasn't with a unit that really saw action.....

Interestingly (and terrifyingly at the time) their Dak pilot for the journey back to Leuchars (they left the Lib at Sumburgh Cat 5) was one Pilot Officer Prune....