PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belkin Wireless Issues
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2004, 09:32
AH64 APACHE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belkin Wireless Issues

Hi all

Just set up a network with a Belkin adsl router/modem and linked to my old wireless card which is 80211b.

However - it keeps on dropping the connection after a period of time - the only way of keeping this conncetion up so far I have found is to adjust the properties on the wizard page to time 32627 which is about the most I have found. Why can you not have unlimited time - i.e. have your network permanently on connected to the internet?

Also I have a 512kps broadband connection - how can I test that that is what I am getting from tiscali?

Using the 80211b card am I significantly losing a lot of my bandwith compared to plugging my laptop straight into the wall?

Also and apologies for all these questions - how do you set up WEP or any other security. Every time I try to set it up on the router it asks me for 128 bit encrypted using a passkey to generate the encryption. When I activate it though the laptop can then no longer connect to the router and so I have to reset everything. If the passkey is generated automatically then do I have to copy down all the key settings and then put them in the card adapter?

Any answers gratefully received.

A confused technofile