PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Read it and weep folks!
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 08:27
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It will be pretty damn hard to argue the case when Joe Public believes that ALL pilots earn a squillion and if you do not fly for a living then you must still be loaded. Using the thin edge of the wedge argument...Pilots this time, who is next? could get a result.

I could use a photo of my truck and dog beside a Cessna. Payload of 29 tonne versus some 700kg to try and show how ludicrous the argument is. Or three tonne enclosed van using the formulae mentioned in parliament to predict possible casualty yield. Paranoid vote chasing politicians will fall for the trap of restricting hard fought freedoms in the interest of public good.

Uncle Usama has used those exact same freedoms against us with devastating clarity. It is worth noting that that pr##k down in Tassie was disarmed every time he touched the system, only to re-arm from the back yarders with some pretty exotic equipment. Aviation is already way regulated now, indeed the yank system was ringing warning bells long before 11/9 but the FBI wasn't interested in listening.

It is pretty disgusting that I will have to pay to make the bureaucrats look good. Yeeessss Minister indeed