PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - impossable or just improbable
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 05:03
skidkicker75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy impossable or just improbable

Having spent some time now looking round PpRuNe i find that i am becoming increasingly dispondant about the chances of ever finding work within this industry, and i havnt even completed my cpl.
It seems to me that as helo pilots throught our careers we will allways be paying out of our own pockets for to get anywhere, be it type ratings, lisences for other contries or endorsments on the lisence. I am beginning that i may have choosen un-wisely by going with helos, seems fixed wing have all the benifits and none of the downs.

Dont get me wrong flying is what i have allways wanted to do since being a young lad and here i am now doing it, and i dont think that there could be any better feeling than driving a helo, but really what are the chances of ever breaking into this industry without winning the lotto?

And it p***es me off when people write about a helo costing $2million so why should a low hour pilot get to fly it. How else are we to ever get the experience if no one is willing to give us a chance?
Before doing this i was a truck driver, and i drove a rig worth quater of a million pounds, with a payload of three quaters of a million, and i was only 21 at the time, nobody batted an eyelid at that though.

So what i am really getting at is if anyone out there has any advice/stories of how they started than it maybe useful and if not useful it may be entertaining.