PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia Runs Off RWY Yet Again
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 02:59
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, It was KCH and not MYY, sorry guys, my info was a bit hasty.

Secondly, the pilot was given a comendation letter what a joke. This is the crap that stunts the growth and development of aviation in this country.

My penny worth is that the speed brake was not armed and in the insuing panic was not manually deployed. A simple click I believe would not be heard on the CVR and the SB is not monitored by the FDR on the 733. so the above not isolated as the root cause and the blame shifted to the aircraft systems. No brake failure was detected by engineering post excursion.

ISO, mate you are right on the numbers here kudos and well said. Unfortunatly the truth hurts and hence the derogatory remarks and the flak shot into the air to create a smoke screen that deviates from the true issues which you have very correctly and accuratly isolated.

Lastly when I speak of military pilots I am refering to RMAF not any other airforce. And, by and large the RMAF standards are so useless that the Singapore Airforce as related by Janes would take out the Malaysian Airforce in about 20 minutes. The fighter pilots from the RMAF are the most useless overall. The only guys with good standards are the rotary wing boys and thats about it.

Lastly, rumour has it that the pilot involved in the BKI incident was flagged with an excessive blood alcohol level and that a cover up is in process.

Wooblah.