PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia Runs Off RWY Yet Again
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2004, 02:05
Iso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Malaysia Boleh!

Virtual R and MAStake, I left your God forsaken aviation community - airline and DCA, for that very reason. I took my skills because of your insular, nepotistic, and myopic attitude to the foreigners you so much despise and have given them to a more deserving community. It was quite obvious you don't want expatriates around, by using mechanisms of bias to protect your own diguised incompetance. You (and not particular you!) would rather see skill dilution, than admit that you need to have skilled foreigners imparting knowledge. Moreso, You (and not particulary you!), would rather not have any import of "other" views to your operations, because you know so much better, and wouldn't even consider that others might have a valid point or view that might just enhance you and your operations with out the primadona need of one up manship. Yes, it is possible to contribute without personal gain and glorificatons (Hard to believe, but true - I know many of you struggle with this concept!), but why bother, when your other credentials sweep you through the system.

I, for years, have watched what you chosen ones, ie, the military bred bratts, anak datu's, and sniffling hangeroners, who have received sunshine implants in their posteriors progress through the national airline and DCA, not because of your knowledge, skills, and abilties, but because of your name and connextions. You can live in denial, you can say it's not true, you can attack me personally, but the record speaks for itself. I have seen the level of imcompetence rise above any of the 1st world countries, I have flown in. I won't say above any other 3rd world country (...and Malaysia is???)!

I could cite example after example of cases, cover-ups, blame shifting, and biased investigations, but I won't, becuase I am sure it would be to damn embarassing for all concerned.

Wooblah, I know you are a Malaysian and a proud one too, but it was you who brought up the exam scam of the DCA, those phoney ATPL's, or is that Honorary ATPL's. Is that like an Honorary Doctorate??? WHat a joke! Double standards.

I think you guys have a wonderful country and wonderful people, but you aviation sector leaves alot to be desired, from incopetent managers and DCA Officers, to cover-ups of serious incidents.

As for Air Asia. What ever the reason of these runway excursions (is this a holiday program for pilots), they in my opinion need to do a serious overview of the contributing circumstances. Weather, Runways conditions, Training, Experience Levels, Inter cockpit personal skills (PD issues),Management coersion, Aircraft condition and maintenanace, applications of approach ban, and interpretation, and the good ole aqua plane speed (skiing anyone?)....good call there Eddiie.

There are so many factors, but I do suspect if they keep happening at the alarming rate they do, they will eventually spear off more agressively with dire consequences for the whole company - unless they identify the underlying cause. There's a pattern, a definate pattern, and it's it's not just the tire skids marks left all over the runways of Malaysia. Time to CLEAR the problem. Yes, CRM in action guys, systemic failures, and organisational pathigens (both within and without the company) are all aspects that need to be reviewed.

Happy Flying to my good Malaysian friends.

(the term "you" does not imply "you" specifically, but those "you's" who know who "you" are.)