PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Todays HPL exam
Thread: Todays HPL exam
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2004, 10:08
High Wing Drifter

Aim High,

I agree with your sentiment. Yes, some of the CAA exams are a guessathon and are badly implemented aspecially for subjects like HPL.

However, I think there is some value in the concept of a "best answer" style of examination and also the need to work with badly presented and incomplete information. After all, these are the things that confuse people and cause accidents in the operational world. I think that the CAA should, if that is their aim, develop that rational so it is examined in a useful and fair way.

Question for all,

Just supposing the exams were fair with properly worded questions. Would it be unreasonable to deduct marks for incorrect answers for some of the questions? Something like -1 for no answer and deduct the full marks for the question if it is answered incorrectly. Obviously, with the exams in their current form that would be utterly unreasonable. But isn't it the case that CFIT is caused navigational errors and that the exams don't really reflect the need to be correct or say "I don't know".