PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DurhamTeesValleyAirport happenings
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2004, 09:50
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jet2 & LBA

Jet2 have done very well at Leeds sofar and i think they have some good routes out of Leeds, the fact remains that outside the North no one knows of them so lets not compare them with the Likes of Easy, Ryan,Flybe or indeed baby1

They still have a long way to go to get in the top league and yes they can do it, but the cost start to go off the scale when you introduce multiple bases and they need to make Leeds their own patch in the way that Ryan and Easy have else where.

People are under estimating the effect Donny will have on LBA and NEMA not in S05 but in 6,7,8 as for Humberside i am sorry to say for all you Humberside fan that not only have they missed the boat but i fear the boat ahs sunk!!

Donny might be as far as Manchester but Manchester and the M62/M60 is what really puts people of, its like going to Gatwick if you live North of London! you don't do it unless you have to and for most its the 25 that puts you off.

This last few weeks has seen a number of LoCo's go tits up, thankfully sofar in Europe, but you can not pour capacity into the UK market the way that UK based operators and expect no blood

I doubt that EuJet will see March, and baby are watching TUI group very closely Jet2 would be wise do like wise, they are the new kids on the block in this market and have yet to take a tumble but they will and like all little fellars the longer they they go the larger the fall!!

Happy Xmas and Safe flying to all Pprune'rs

Cheers

Burt