PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eujet Loads
Thread: Eujet Loads
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2004, 10:45
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you have to shout that Fodder??

Why do some people on here take such delight in an airline struggling? Ok it didn't seem to be the best airport to operate from, nor were the Fokkers an ideal size (even if they were cheap to acquire), but if it does fold there will be real people finding themselves out of a job. If it happens either side of Christmas that would be even worse.

However, if people always stayed on the safe side of life nothing would ever change. It is necessary to occassionally fly in the face of accepted wisdom to find out if accepted wisdom is flawed. I doubt that any of the staff of EU Jet were blind to the precarious nature of the venture, but they took a view that it was worth a try and suited their immediate needs, be that getting jet hours on the licence, command hours, first job as Cabin Crew etc etc.

It isn't over yet, and they took the decision to launch in the slack months so it seems reasonable that things can only get better for them. One good part of launching in the slack months is that they have gained a lot of experience of the operation whilst affecting not too many people, therefore if the summer months do provide a boom period there is more chance of the airline offering a smooth performance to a greater number of passengers.

I was amongst those who thought the plan to operate from KIA was flawed, but then in days gone by I never thought Stansted would catch on either. For the sake of those working for EU Jet I wish them survival and good fortune in the future. If it does go wrong, I shan't be gloating, I shall be sad for them.