PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopters/Autogyros
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2004, 08:22
zeeoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cran,

on your arguments, i agree.

I think you know what i have in mind, and be shure i have considered every comment.
The good thing is that we both see what could be desirable to take gyros in another step.

bringing the rotor mechanism closer to an helicopter one could increase significantly the cost/complexity.. but not so...
You told about 3 blades but a 2 bladed can also be improved (any clue?).

The BO108, a heavy helicopter, compared to gyros, flies with a hingeless rigid rotor... couldn't such a system be adapted or copied for a very light gyro ? BTW it could ,maybe, be more forgiving on aerodynamics and use standard dampers (PAULSTRA).

examine the latest gyro heads.. they go really close to a small helico one like the mini 500 or the Dragonfly (that use gyro blades)...their price is (approx) between 2000 and 6000 $...

Yes, every attempt to have a "hop" capability has increased the complexity.
I have a solution to give a hop capability to a teetering rotor at low cost, low complexity.
I have a solution to produce a simpler swashplate w/colective/cyclic..drawing are on progress...

I think the costs can be lessen by a new variety of offers..

If you can or want, what is your thoughts about that prerotator ?
no torque ? no tip jets ? a ducted or oriented airflow ?

tip jets are not efficient for a fullpowered rotor, but maybe we could give them a try (i will), mounting a compressor is easier than an hydraulic pump+hydraulic motor (a common solution for prerotating). no torque, the rotor can have a residual power during flight.
yes, on this point i still not listen to what very valuable people tell me
NB : the Groen Brs use ram tipjets to prerotate, 15 seconds are enough.
thank you

Last edited by zeeoo; 10th Dec 2004 at 08:33.