PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has the best boarding music???
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2004, 05:35
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Until Ditz is released from his earlies (poor pet), I'll enlighten you all on the QantasLink/Jetstar boarding music routines...

At JQ, we've just started to get boarding music on the 717's and the SALE A320's...not too bad a collection currently (Summer Sunshine by the Corrs is REALLY beginning to pee me off!)

I have vivid memories, however, of one day on the 717 during QantasLink when there was a tape that was meant to be in the deck for 2 months (and instead, languished for 4 months, punishing all crew during turnarounds)...

I can't for the life of me remember the song, only that it was the most annoying piece of music ever played in a cabin.

Anyway...everything came to a head. I stomped up to the tape deck, took the tape out, handed the magnetic tape part of the cassette to a fellow crew member, and went SCREAMING LIKE A BANSHEE from one end of the cabin and back again, dragging behind me metres of magnetic tape.

"Whoops...guess the tape deck chewed it up. INTO THE BIN!"

Very cleansing. The other crew looked at me like I was mad. The Tech Crew thanked me for it.