PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten Axioms
Thread: Ten Axioms
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2004, 12:06
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he has taken a somewhat cynical view of this.

UPGRADES DO NOT HELP
Upgrades DO help - or they wouldn't exist - I can think of lots of things I can do using the latest version of office, that I couldnt do a few years ago.

WIZARDS ARE A HOAX
No they are not! They are a way for a beginner to put something together without faffing around through hundreds of settings. Perfect example is creating a powerpoint presentation (the beginners way). Put all your details in the wizard and hey presto. For the advanced user, OK you dont need the wizard.

This option is to give you the illusion that you are smart and in control when you pick the advanced option.
Very cynical indeed, and somewhat naieve. Ok the end result is an installed program, but you can choose which components you want to install and where you want to install them to. Perfect example is when installing office - there are hundreds of options here.

WHEN YOUR NET CONNECTION IS DOWN, NOBODY WILL KNOW WHY
True. And if you have ever tried to help someone out with a broken internet connection, you will understand!

OLD BURNED CDs FAIL
They only fail if you dont look after them properly. Keep them in a good padded case and they will never fail.

COMPUTERS CRASH MORE AS THEY GET OLDER
Because you dont upgrade them!

Ok, rant mode off now but I just hate uneducated views like this (even if he is educated)