PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newsflash! Emirates is not all bad!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2004, 04:50
EKBusDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jarops,

I think your idea about leaving a place you work if you do not like it is very naive. Why should you leave? Why should employees always bend over and take the shafting? When I came here I was single and now I have a wife and a baby on the works. I think that because my situation has changed and therefore my needs, I should request more money from the company.... It does not work this way. We have a contract, and just as the company wants us to keep our side of the deal, so do we. (But they have not, you only need to look at previous posts to see what I meen, ie CERBERUS) We do contribute immensely in the expansion and profits of this company. Emirates, and for that matter any airline or business is a success because of its employees. The fancy words we hear about "Our company" should not just be on the brochures and the media, but should be a day to day operation.
In the time that I have been here, they have never asked for our input, they have only implemented some bright manager's idea about how things should change in order to benefit the company. I agree, competition is harder now than it was a few years ago, but they have so much talent here, that if they tapped into it, management might even get some input which would be more cost effective and upset people even less.
At the end of the day, it would be nice to know that when you are getting shafted it is done honestly and spelled out for what it is, and not try to market it in a nice package and try to convince us that "in actual fact it is in our favour, and all this time we were losing out." I like things the way they were before, and if management wants to improve my T&Cs let me participate in the great new changes.
You want to come down here and join the happy club be my guest. No one says that Emirates is just bad. There are good things here aswelll. What people are saying on pprune and most of the time in flights is that it definetely is not what it used to be, and we do not compare with the major airlines of the world.
What you and everyone aspiring to come here must understand is that, just because you are having problems in your companies does not meen that by joining Emirates you are solving them or getting rid of them. You are going to get similar ones down here aswell. (And you are going to be at the bottom of the seniority aswell.)
On the other hand if you have already made up your mind what a great place this is, and how great things are on this side of the grass come and join then and let us moaners down here complain for non existant things....