PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - situazione volare
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2004, 18:40
Yaw String

Location: Nirvana..HAHA..just kidding but,if you can tell me where it is!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,
I think the point that some are making is that many people serving under MR X WuHaHa!!!(sorry Mr. goldmember!) new very well what he was like but it suited them personally to follow him.
I decided not to follow when Mr.X after forcing the 320 crews to resign from one contract and sign another by passing the 320's over to Volare....repeated the action with the 767.
Why did I decide, as a captain, not to follow - I would in fact have earned more money under the new terms! I believed the history of MR.X's integrity would very quickly lead to a marked decrease in flight safety. The follies of Mr.X are well known by most of those people commenting on this forum. He certainly has done nothing for the international image of italian aviation other than to prove that ENAC are not monitoring what goes on...or do not care.
Mr. X was able to get away with it because he had support.
Just remember...35 votes in a union of 60 members in a company of 150 pilots was all he needed to introduce a 5 year contract that has changed italian aviation....correct me if wrong but soon to follow was Livingstone...
I think the bitterness expressed by some of our colleagues toward the whole Volare issue is regarding the "We told you so" factor proving to be an accurate forecast.
Lets just hope lessons have been learned this time, so that next time they will support their colleagues...and not just dump them in the s h one tee!!!
But. I doubt it. Its a despotic environment and doesn't the management just love it that way.
Good luck to all those good people in Volare who had no choice but to follow.