PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining Experience - ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2004, 23:41
Thread Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. MDP has just spent over £50k getting his bits of paper - he has a right to get paid for his flying. Note he is also a commercial ie professional pilot.
I disagree with this comment made by boomerangben. Just because you pay the money and get a piece of paper doesn't qualify you with experience - you don't deserve a well paid job just because you gained a licence. You need experience to get the better paying jobs - it's a fact of our industry.

Each country is a little different with their standards of first job but the bottom line is there is few paying jobs out there for many fresh licences so what else is one to do...? Let their 50K go to waste because they refuse to accept work for little or no reward - to get experience that they need to get ahead.

Get real...!! A year goes quickly and if it takes a year or two to gain that all important experience - whatever way you get it, DO IT...!! No one is going to give you applause and accolades for knocking a job back because they were going to pay you peanuts or not pay you at all. Consider the experience payment enough.

Alot of 'professionals' have gone that route but it unfortunately is just the way it is. If you want a future you have to start somewhere.