PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newsflash! Emirates is not all bad!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2004, 16:36
crapflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perspective is a very important fact in a persons view of an airline both from the inside, or from the outside.
For those of you trying to get the message out that Emirates is not what it seems, you only have to look at who is applying and who is coming out here. It is either people from an airline just about to go bankrupt, or from people who are unemployed, or pilots from low cost carriers. Needless to say these people are happy to have a job, or a job with better t&cs. I would be doing just the same if I was in their shoes. Do not waste your time in trying to convince the world of pilots that Emirates is worth it, or is not worth it. Pilots from realy good companies who are in their mid careers would never leave their good jobs to come out here and fly the shiny jets. They are doing just that at home with better conditions, and with representation.
It is realy funny to watch people get worked up either way, since everyone's life is different. What clicks for me does not click for others, and so on.
For those of you who like Dubai great, for those of you who do not like Dubai what can I say. For those of you who like Emirates and for those of you who do not like Emirates you should not see each other as people in different groups, but rather as one unit trying to improve things. I cannot see any cap on the possibility of improvement of things even if they are great. You only get in life what you think you deserve. If you think you are not worth any more than management wants to give you, then you will accept any lowering in your T&Cs. There are always ways to get what is fair."
My word of advise based on facts is that Emirates just like anyother airline around the world is just a job. It has good points and it has bad points. The good and the bad depend on what one is looking for. If it is a quick command, with not so much flying, and great money then Emirates is not the place to come anymore.
If it is stability and big airplanes you are looking for, then for the forseable future this is the place to come.
I do not know if t&cs will change again in the near future, and if they do, historicaly it is for the worst, (unless a company has unions)
but I do know that two of my friends have been invited for an interview in the new year for DEC positions on the 777 and or 330. What does this mean?
Emirates management is making decisions based on their view of best solutions for the company. They have to do this as their decisions are based on measurable numbers, and not the abstract pilot morale.....
I will be having a go-away party in the spring so I will be inviting all of you to come for a goodby drink