PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MR1 and Phase 3 Shack - progress but by how much?
Old 1st Dec 2004, 11:17
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd tend to agree, which is why I would not post an uncensored version of the following passage, though I'm not sure why not - it's probably because it's more recent than Granby, and thus seems 'sensitive' to my indoctrinated brain:

"The U.S. Air Force's ******* ****** ****** accidentally revealed a British national secret. Marham Air Base in Britain and Bruggen Air Base in Germany are two Royal Air Force airbases having the capability to store nuclear weapons. On ****** the ******* Air Force Base ******* ****** ****** issued a little-noticed press release announcing the $** million sale of ** "Weapon Storage and Security Systems" (WS3), providing "storage of tactical nuclear weapons within the floors of hardened aircraft shelters" to Britain. The release stated ** vaults were installed at Marham Air Base in Britain by ******, and ** more at Bruggen Air Base in Germany by ******. These vaults became available because the ******* decision to reduce the number of vaults occurred only after *** vaults were built, leaving an excess of **."

But posting what is available in a mainstream published book (one published by HMSO and written by the AHB) is of a different order. It's INTENDED to be disseminated (like the press release referred to above), it was officially released AND it concerns what is ancient history.