PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newsflash! Emirates is not all bad!
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2004, 07:25
Shake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OObultril,

You've obviously ridden EK on the way up and are content to ride it on the way down. You have your command & have done very well out of it and again; good for you. That was what many should and continue to expect when joining. BUT IT HAS CHANGED.

Schools are not 100% available or 100% paid for...

8 Days off are the exception and not the rule...

Commands are under threat by the DECs you would so like to see and you belittle their impact by quotes such as the most they can expect as a response on the flight deck is the F/Os food... Yes there are those who wait 10-15 years for a command in other companies, but they are on command salaries well before their commands as senior F/Os, ask TCAS.

2 cars and another on the way...flats...good on you. A home in the desert...fantastic...you are alright Jack. But do you really believe that you represent the NORM Jack?

EK has worked for you and it would seem that you have been largely unaffected by recent changes...great. Many pilots like you have stood by and watched as T & Cs changed in other companies content to let other whiners try and do something about it, happy to accept any outcome but as long as you are OK...well that's OK, stuff anyone else.

As for Vages comment about being a 'good expat' then I guess we will have to take a leaf out of OOs book and not complain or get consumed with issues that has and will change our lives here. Just practice touching your toes down at the gym which has a view of the sea in anticipation of the next shafting. And when EK is eventually trashed i guess you will move on and help passively destroy another company or just retire on your winnings.

Yep, life is unfair but it can be a little less unfair if some could accept that things are not going well and something has to be done like trying to standing your ground and not accept that things will only get worse.

Last edited by Shake; 1st Dec 2004 at 11:15.