PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newsflash! Emirates is not all bad!
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2004, 07:07
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally some of the majority coming on here and talking sense.

I have just had a pm from a person who shall remain anonymous telling me that I was blaspheming by saying that we were creating a false impression to the would be joiners.

Listen, if you dont think you are paid enough in EK then leave. If you find a better job and think it would be better than here.... guess what ......leave (but let us know what the job is) Just stop moaning. I have heard less moaning at a pensioners knitting club. I have to say that more money would be nice. But is it ever enough. I could earn 100,000 dhs a month and it would not be enough. You work for an arab company and no matter how much you moan nothing will change until THEY want it to.

As my colleagues say above; you get a salary, school fees, housing allowance, medical, dental subsidised travel, a choice of rostering, a choice of leave, provident fund etc all paid for. I never got any of this in my last job. I had to beg for a day off (before having to lick the bottom of the lake clean with my tongue......) It is not perfect, but what is. What is the definition of perfect now in the career you have chosen. Someone told me that United pilots were getting 420,000 US a year. They have just opted for a 35% pay cut. A 50% cut is still about 3 times what I earn. Nothing is perfect, I bet there are people in United moaning about the money. In fact worrying about whether their job will be there next year. This is only MY opinion, I like it here, I like the weather, the lifestyle and the flying. I think the package could be better, but it could be worse. I still earn less than I did in my last company and that is from several years ago. My lifestyle however is 100 times better. I have now got 2 new cars which not only can I afford but even afford the petrol. What we pay for a gallon here the Brits pay for a litre. Lets talk about taxes............in fact lets not.

Look you can have an opinion, but sitting here moaning is not doing you, or anyone else that actually likes it here, any favours. I will have immense respect for you if you dont like it to polish off the old cv and leave. But to sit and moan ??

Enough, I have some overtime to earn now. I think this one will pocket me 2500 dhs this month. Could be better......but better than nothing eh?.

To 00bultril; I have to say I think you are paying both the housemaid and the gardner a little too much. !!