PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newsflash! Emirates is not all bad!
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2004, 04:44
00bultril

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goody

Mate, this is more for for my benefit than yours, here goes my take on EK.
Been here since Google started up and some Southern rugby team took the world cup.
Kids go to top schools almost 100% paid by EK, no Vodaphone T-shirt preggar teen age girls, no yobbo 12-16yr old bully thugs.
All parents have half-decent jobs.
Wx is truly as described elsewhere on this site.
Golf, as much as you like for next to nothing, thanks to EPC, play top courses during summer for bargain rates.
Got 2 cars with combined engine capacity bigger than council flats.
Social life that you have to reign in, or your liver will reject you.
Sorry I didn't run spell check but have to:
Turn the bottles in the wine collection.
Go to gym over looking the sea.
Go watch 7's
Buy meat for this evenings BBQ (here people only eat fillet)
Book Friday brunch (maid's day off, so got to eat out for lesss than 30 quid for entire family - incl. booze)
O, almost forgot to pay the living in maid there, #300 pound @ month, little extra for all the baby sitting due to above social life.
Almost forgot the gardener, he is 40 pound/ mnth for a daily visit.
Got to check provident fund, a disaster, standing at 135000 us.
Got to phone EMAAR to fix some problems in the house I bought, the thing has only grown 55% in 9 mnths, bother!!
Got to check on the flats in UK.
Got to book French holiday house for this summer.
The Missus wants a convertable now, got to check paper, will keep the above 2 massive cars for camping in the desert and the convert for winter months (never had 3 cars back home)
Well thats it, recovering from last night, not working for 8 straight days now, that's in 2nd bottom bid group.
Come join us, even as a DEC, these guys will not say anything to your face, their form of rudeness to you will be taking the best pre-dep sandwiches, without giving you (the bad DEC) a choice.
Hope that helps.

Dubbel nul