PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CTC the only way forward??
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2004, 21:44
Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In this forum, many negative CTC comments have been made over the recent weeks. CTC offer a once in a life time opportunity for wannabes to fulfil their ambitions of becoming airline pilots through the cadet scheme.

I fail to see the issues with the financial and job placement arrangements for cadets. How many schools could offer you 0 hours to a right hand seat jet job, including type rating, accommodation, flights, training equipment etc for the cost of a £60000 bond? This is a product of modern economics. No airline, major or otherwise, could afford to pay for a fully sponsored cadet scheme. The financial risks and implications are just too great for them at present.

I for one, feel very fortunate to have been selected by CTC, and find them to be nothing other than totally professional. I have never felt that they are only after me to make money (as some have suggested in other threads).

CTC have never failed to place any of their trained pilots, and have a very thorough training system. The airline get a very well trained pilot via a low risk route, CTC make a bit of profit, and the cadet gets the job they have always wanted. A problem – I think not!

I do feel that some should be a little less hasty in making certain comments about an organisation they have no or little experience of. And I would highly recommend CTC as a route in to aviation for any wannabe.

…rant over!