PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is CTC the only way forward??
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2004, 20:56
scallaghan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC

Hi

I have been reading all of your replies regarding CTC and training.

I am 24 with my JAR PPL and am studying with Bristol ground school via remote ATPL ground study course.

Also while doing this I have been building my hours up here in the U.K on PA28R's and PFA aircraft.

I did go to Flordia in the U.S but didnt do too much as the flying school didnt seem that great.

Every time I see a sponsorship scheme I apply, however I feel I am better off going through the modular route and finishing my CPL, ME and IR at Bournemoth Commercial and perhaps save cash.

Another good reason is that I feel I am not under at the moment any financial pressures while studying the ground school and the ability to read everything at a slower pace but really get a good grounding for the future.

The two schemes that I have applied for were FLYBE which I didnt like and was rejected. The second was CTC which I have been invited to a selection day interview and I am might consider popping along.

Not really having a total commerical awareness of the aviation industry, it sounds like the only winners in terms of making profits are those companies that supply the large commercial carriers such as BA etc.