PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACA & Ansett!
Thread: ACA & Ansett!
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2004, 07:55
amos2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well, I don't think any deficiency has been fixed, with all due respect Buster, (being a Bombers supporter and all that!) and I'm not too sure that there was any deficiency to be fixed in the first place.

Any company going broke, for whatever reason, has a devastating affect on staff and shareholders. If it happens to be caused by mis-management or some one sticking their fingers in the till it hurts even more!

But, the bottom line is, it has happened before and will happen again and is no different than any other investment you might make in life!

Should we talk about HIH, Harris Scarfe, One Tel and many others where many people lost jobs and/or heaps of dough and received no Government support? Sure, I know our PM helped his brother Stan out a few years ago, and, many years ago, the Victorian state government imposed a fuel levee to assist the share holders of Farrows Pyramid Society, at taxpayers expense. That was wrong then as any support for Ansett, at taxpayers expense, is wrong now!

Lost money on a property investment or on the share market recently? Expect the Government to help cover your losses? Yeah, sure you do and so do I but,...in our dreams!!