PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus 22 Problems
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2004, 17:08
agroth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guy says that the 'dodgy' stall characteristics and lack of spin recovery are giving the US insurers the jitters and the whole thing is about to blow. He has also mentioned that the US insurers will not payout if the chute is pulled!!
Sheilanagig,

I am going to be renewing insurance very soon for my SR22, and my agent has given me no indication that renewal will be anything but routine. We talked about trends, as we have in the past, so I am sure he would have informed me if there was something bad coming down the pipeline. Also, just for the information, insurance companies will pay if the chute is pulled.

Regarding stall characteristics, I have 1,000+ hours in SR22's, and I have done a lot of maneuver practice. In my experience, this airplane would be much harder to get into a spin than a Cessna 152 or 172. The only airplane that I have flown that is more docile in a stall is the Piper Cherokee 180. Granted, the SR22 can break fast. However, you still have very good aileron authority, and unless you apply and hold the wrong control movements, I don't see how this airplane could get you into trouble.

Andy Groth