PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interwiev.
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2004, 14:55
Bagshaw Crusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vfenext

You have attempted to play the man, now you make a play on nationalities- but quickly back peddle when convenient as evidenced by your response to REM's questioning.

May I politely take you apart?

Your circumstances, and my belated efforts to paint an accurate picture for prospective GF F/O's, very similar.

By your own admission you have "lasted here" five times longer than me. So, six years as an expat F/O prior to promotion to the widebody fleet ( unless you exagerrated a little ). Command unlikely due internal politics and localisation of promotion ( list any expat command upgrades in the last 10 years and couple this with GF's Direct Entry Command policy ).

When former ( and current F/O's ) provided their impressions and experiences to those, contemplating a move half way around the world to GF ( on the premise of possible career path ), yourself and Ia166 launched a personal broadside.

What we are left with now is Ia166 doing a runner, from a supposedly wonderful career opportunity ( remember he was a Direct Entry captain and not an F/O ) back to the contract world he hatched from, and your published circumstances.

You moan about the 30 odd pilots that left GF in the last 6 months or so. But they did you-and serving GF pilots- a great service. All, except for Ia166 who did not have time due his hurried departure, provided a couple of reasons in writing for their leaving.

Included were 1- The insecurity of having contracts renewed. 2- Poor renumeration. 3- Seniority 4- Per diem being, unfairly, significantly less than a captain's.

Results 1- Permament contract 2- Payrise 3- GF cadets not being allocated seniority prior to checking out and jumping expat F/O's 4- F/O Per Diem has been matched with that of a GF captain.

You did not earn the above Vfe; it was the severe pilot attrition and decency of those who left, who communicated their griviences to management. Did Ia166 do similar?

You mentioned eloquently that recent leavers "pissed off people A LOT". I was not aware of this; maybe it was hard to be popular when making a stand on certain issues.

We know what you tolerate so have a good indication of your operational fortitude!

Last edited by Bagshaw Crusher; 26th Nov 2004 at 16:37.