PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for ATC selection preparation.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2004, 14:48
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steffi, my condolences, but as PPRuNe Radar mentions, he has set up mock interviews for people. I've done it for 2 people. There are a great deal of genuine people around here and in the game that will go out of their way to help (even Gonzo ).

Senario: suppose a candidate was "coached" for interviews and alike, being plied with information he or she could regurgitate but not with a full undrestanding. I know my "bullsh*t" detector isn't the best in the world, but it's not hard to determine if a person does actually know what they are talking about. I know there has been speculation on the forum here about perceptions of how "cut-throat" the NATS interview stage of selection is. A person who is genuinly interested and prepared IMHO is going perform better than somebody who as swotted up a week or two before. And believe me, there will be individuals out there who think "Hey, ATC is a good paying job I've got nothing else to do. Where's that guy's phone number? Hi! Get me a job as an ATCO". Do we really want applicants like that?

Last edited by Jerricho; 25th Nov 2004 at 15:02.