PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for ATC selection preparation.
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2004, 19:03
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying for ATC selection preparation.

If Boss Radar could endulge me a little here, there's a topic that has come up over the past couple of days that I'm very interested in getting other opinions on (and if it starts bordering on advertising or seeking custom, I'll happily delete it)

The topic : Paying somebody to be "coached" for an Air Traffic Control interview.

I full understand if somebody had their heart set on being a controller, and would do anything to get a course. However, what are others thoughs on, as was suggested, paying a person/s to "prepare" for an interview. The information for the "interview" stage of the process is available here, and can be expanded upon by visiting an operational unit. Unfortunately, there is more to the process than that. Aptitude testing does just that........tests for aptitude. Personality suitability testing is the same. Does forking over hard earnt dosh encompass this side of things?

Having thought about this, I'm sure there are people out there who have thought "well, even if it's going to give me a slight advantage, I'll go for it". What happens if the application is unsuccesful? Effort AND money down the drain?

Thoughts?

This is not an attempt to stir sh*t.